John Hickenlooper wants to replace the Affordable Care Act with socialized medicine. In 2017, Hickenlooper did a cable news media tour with John Kasich to tout their plan to replace Obamacare. Now, Hickenlooper has gone even further left and wants government-run health care. Hickenlooper’s plan is a pathway to Medicare for All.
- Hickenlooper thinks that a single payer system and universal coverage are the same thing and would save money in the long run.
- The Sanders/Warren Plan would cost $34 trillion over 10 years.
- Hickenlooper supports free healthcare for all illegal immigrants in the United States.
- Hickenlooper said that, “if Senator Sanders is right and Senator Warren are right, then that public option will attract more and more people, it will grow in size… 15-20 years from now we could end up with Medicare for All but it would be an evolution, not a revolution.”
- When asked why he wouldn’t support single payer, Hickenlooper said, “I’m agnostic. If this country wants to go to single payer, I’m happy to support it.”
- After stumbling over his own healthcare plan, Hickenlooper says, “if more people go to Medicare, someday, we can get to Medicare for All.” (5:20)
Bottom Line: Although Coloradans handily voted against a single-payer model in 2016, Hickenlooper has whole-heartedly embraced a socialized healthcare system that fools Americans into thinking it is their choice.