Cory Gardner has been a steadfast advocate of immigration policies that secure our southern border, create a pathway to citizenship for Dreamers, protect the interests of agricultural producers, and fix our broken immigration system.
- Gardner has been supporting legislative solutions for Dreamers since 2014 when he was one of 11 House Republicans to vote against the repeal of President Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program
- In 2017, Gardner sponsored the Dream Act
- In 2018, Gardner joined with bipartisan colleagues including Senator Bennet to form the Gang of Six and address several problems with our broken immigration system
- Gardner has been recognized for his work on immigration, most recently receiving the ‘Courage to Lead’ Award from the National Immigration Forum, presented to leaders who recognize the important role that immigrants play in our communities and work across the aisle to advance solutions that benefit all Americans.
- As a leading voice in the fight to maintain the “returning worker exemption” for individuals applying for H-2B visas, Gardner has been advocating for common sense and industry focused reforms that will fill critical workforce gaps and address long standing issues.
- Senator Gardner supports a guest worker program that meets the needs of all aspects of agriculture, including dairy, livestock, crops and beyond.
Bottom Line: Gardner has and will continue to fight for bipartisan solutions that address the many problems facing our broken immigration system.